Ethical Hacking is a process of practicing system protection to recognize the potential data crimes and threats in a network. The organization that holds the network or system allows the experts of cybersecurity to perform the test system’s protection.
Ethical hackers aim to test the network or system for weak features that hackers can destroy or exploit. They analyze and collect information to design the plans to increase the security of the network/System/Applications. Join Ethical Hacking Training in Bangalore and learn more about the skills that are required for Ethical Hacker.
Advantages of Ethical Hacking
The main advantages of Ethical hacking are its potential to inform, maintain and develop the corporate networks. Presently the demand for ethical hacking has a rise, that is because of the technological threads happening by crime hackers. An Ethical hacker can safeguard the organization by guarding their system and data from illegal hackers. Cyber terrorism and Cyber-attack are growing greatly.
The benefits of Ethical Hacking are:
- Ethical Hacking Process can fight against cyber terrorism.
- It can prevent hackers.
- Ethical Hacking allows protection to a bank and financial establishment.
- It recognizes and closes the open holes in a computer system. Mentioned below are the basic skills required, and roles, and responsibilities of Ethical Hacker.
Skills Required for Ethical Hacking
A hacker must have strong knowledge in some of the subjects like networks, systems, security measures, program codes, etc. Some of the skills that are needed to perform hacking efficiently are as follows,
- Programming Knowledge– This skill is necessary for the safety professionals who are working in the field of application security and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Scripting Knowledge– This Scripting Knowledge is required for specialists dealing with host-based attacks and network-based attacks.
- Networking Skills– Networking skill is more important in the Ethical Hacking process because most of the treads originate from networks. You should have the knowledge about the devices that are connected in the network and know-how to find if they are compromised. Good knowledge of different platforms like Unix, Windows, and Linux, etc.
- Should have good knowledge about the servers and search engines.
- Capacity to work with various tools available in the market.
Roles and Responsibilities of Ethical Hacker
An Ethical Hacker should follow specific guidelines, to perform legal hacking. A specialist hacker knows their responsibilities and attaches to all of the Ethical guidelines. The essential rules of Ethical Hacking are as follows:
- The Hacker must get permission from the organization, who owns the system before performing any security evaluation on the network or System.
- Report any protection gaps and vulnerabilities found in the network or system.
- Keep their data private. The purpose is to ensure the system or network, the hackers must agree and to consider their non-disclosure agreement.
- After checking the system, Delete all the evidence of the hacking process. It may stop a hacker from accessing the system via the identified slots.
Ethical Hacking has become a trending subject of increasing interest among various businesses. The Ethical Hacker role has become more important across all sectors. To gain better knowledge can undergo Ethical Hacking Training in Chennai, to develop the network defense.