Course Highlights and Why Software Testing Course in Chennai at FITA Academy?
- Saturday (Saturday - Sunday)
- Monday (Monday - Friday)
- Thursday (Monday - Friday)
- Saturday (Saturday - Sunday)
- Get trained by Industry Experts via Classroom Training at any of the FITA Academy branches near you
- Why Wait? Jump Start your Career by taking the Software Testing Training in Chennai!
Instructor-Led Live Online Training
- Take-up Instructor-led Live Online Training. Get the Recorded Videos of each session.
- Travelling is a Constraint? Jump Start your Career by taking the Software Testing Online Course!
Manual Testing Course Syllabus - Software Lifecycle Models
- Waterfall model
- V model
- Incremental model
- RAD model
- Agile model
- Iterative model
- Spiral model
Introduction To Testing
- Why Testing
- STLC - Software Testing Life Cycle
- Verification and Validation
- Desktop, Web and Mobile Applications Testing
Test Strategy & Test Planning With A Live Project
- Working on Test Strategy
- Preparing the Test Plan document
- Clarification Document
- Getting Familiar with Test Design
Preparing A Test Case Document
- Boundary Value Analysis (BVA)
- Equivalence Partitioning (EP)
- Decision Table Testing
- State Transition Diagrams
- Use Case Testing
- Statement Coverage
- Branch Coverage
- Path Coverage
- LCSAJ Testing
Executing Test Cases
Defects Tracking Mechanism And Life Cycle
- Guidelines On Deciding The Security Of A Defect
- Guidelines On Deciding The Priority Of Bug
Cost Of Quality
Defect Management With Tools Like Bugzilla
Software Testing Techniques
- Static Testing
- Dynamic Testing
- White Box Testing/ Structure Testing
- Black Box Testing
Types Of Testing - Functional Testing:
- Unit Testing
- Integration Testing
- Smoke Testing
- System Testing
- Regression Testing
- User Acceptance Testing
- Globalization Testing
- Localization Testing
Types Of Testing - Non-Functional Testing:
- Performance Testing
- Compatibility Testing
- Data Migration Testing
- Data Conversion Testing
- Security/Penetration Testing
- Usability Testing
- Install/Uninstall Testing
Real-Time Testing Project:
Starting With Automation Testing:
- Why Test Automation
- Automation Feasibility Analysis
- Planning And Design
- Test Environment Setup
- Automation Script Generation
- Test Execution
- Defect Analysis & Fixing
- Cost Involved In Automation
- Automation Applied To Different Types Of Testing
Automation Testing - Syllabus For Automation Testing With Selenium:
- Automation Introduction
- Core Java
- Selenium IDE
- Selenium RC
- Selenium Webdriver
- Testing Frameworks
- Keyword-driven Framework
- Data-driven framework
- Hybrid Framework
- Globalization Testing
- Localization Testing
- Selenium Grid
- Continuous Integration with Hudson
- With a passion for blended learning, FITA Academy offers students the right blend of theoretical as well as practical knowledge of Software Testing practices.
- Our software testing instructors train our students with skills that are relevant to the industry.
- The trainers at FITA Academy are experts in the software testing platform, and they have extensive experience in the field.
- FITA Academy provides hands-on training on Software Testing techniques by real-time professionals
- FITA Academy training provides students with an in-depth understanding of the latest industry practices by providing them with specialized training by competent instructors.
- A dedicated Software Testing Trainer at FITA Academy provides each student with an in-depth training program that includes hands-on practice.
- In addition to building students’ resumes professionally, our Software Testing Trainers provide valuable insight into Interview questions and Handling interviews through mock interviews.
Learn at FITA Academy & Get Your
Dream IT Job in 60 Dayslike these Successful Students!
Features of Software Testing Course in Chennai at FITA Academy
Real-Time Experts as Trainers
At FITA Academy, You will Learn from the Experts from industry who are Passionate in sharing their Knowledge with Learners. Get Personally Mentored by the Experts.
Get an Opportunity to work in Real-time Projects that will give you a Deep Experience. Showcase your Project Experience & Increase your chance of getting Hired!
Get Certified by FITA Academy. Also, get Equipped to Clear Global Certifications. 72% FITA Academy Students appear for Global Certifications and 100% of them Clear it.
At FITA Academy, Course Fee is not only Affordable, but you have the option to pay it in Installments. Quality Training at an Affordable Price is our Motto.
At FITA Academy, you get Ultimate Flexibility. Classroom or Online Training? Early morning or Late evenings? Weekdays or Weekends? Regular Pace or Fast Track? - Pick whatever suits you the Best.
Tie-up & MOU with more than 1500+ Small & Medium Companies to Support you with Opportunities to Kick-Start & Step-up your Career.
Why Learn Software Testing Course in Chennai at FITA Academy?
Live Capstone Projects
Real time Industry Experts as Trainers
Placement Support till you get your Dream Job offer!
Free Interview Clearing Workshops
Free Resume Preparation & Aptitude Workshops
Software Testing Certification Training in Chennai
A Software Testing Course Certification is one of the professional credentials available in the Industry that demonstrate the level of expertise a candidate has acquired in the area of the Software Testing platform and its application. This certification certifies that candidates have acquired the necessary skills to work as Software Testers after completing the course with real-time project experience. If you were to present your resume along with this certificate, it would be a great help to employers as it would help a recruiter pay attention to your profile during an interview and will also open the door for a wide variety of career opportunities.
Our Software Testing Certification Course in Chennai at FITA Academy focuses on honing the skill sets that are required for a professional Software Tester under the guidance of our Real-Time professionals. And our Software Testing course in Chennai is provided by professionals with 8+ years of experience. Through this course, you will be able to upskill yourself with the latest updates available in the area of Software Testing.
Benefits of Software Testing Certification Training in Chennai at FITA Academy
- Gaining a good career as software testers are highly paid and have the potential to earn more than other IT professionals.
- You can get your dream job without any experience because it is not required for getting into this field.
- The training will help you learn how to do testing, what are the different types of testing, and how to perform them.
- It helps you understand the importance of testing in an organization and its role in the development process.
- There are many opportunities available in this field, which makes it very lucrative.
- The certification is globally recognized by employers.
- It is a great way to start your career and build skills that could be useful later on.
- A lot of people who take up this course become certified testers and get jobs easily.
- This course teaches you to think like a developer when performing tests.
- This Software Testing course in Chennai has been designed to provide you with all the necessary knowledge about software testing.
Have Queries? Talk to our Career Counselor for more Guidance on picking the
right Career for you!
Placement Session & Job Opportunities after completing Software Testing Course in Chennai
A Software Tester is not only a Software Developer – but they are also equally important at this point in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) as one of the emerging careers. Applications or software development may be found in a wide range of industries today. Earlier, it was limited only to the IT domain, but now it has grown exponentially because of an increase in internet penetration. Software Testing is one of the fastest growing fields in the IT industry, according to reports submitted by NASSCOM. In the next few years, it is estimated that the overall value of Software Testing Marketing will grow to a total of $50 billion, which is expected to be the highest value in the history of the industry.
Additionally, it is stated that there has been a much larger growth in the number of Testers only in India in the last few years than it had been in the years to come. Many domains including Healthcare, BFSI, Manufacturing, Retail, E-commerce, and many others have begun to develop a software application over the last few years in order to keep their users engaged. The growth of testers was therefore mandated.
The most reputable companies that hire testers are HCL, Oracle, IBM, Accenture, Infosys, Cognizant, TCS, AutoDesk, Redhat, and the Bank of America etc. These companies offer a number of job titles which include the following: Quality Analysts Trainees, Quality Analysts Testers, Software Engineer Testers, and Senior Quality Analysts, along with job titles such as Test Managers, Automation Testers, and Senior Test Managers. The FITA Academy provides the in-depth training of the Software Testing concepts and imparts the necessary professional skills that are necessary to be a tester under the guidance of real-time mentors with certification to provide an in-depth understanding of the Software Testing concepts.
According to ambition box, here’s what software testers make on average.
- Manual Testing Engineer- ₹ 4 LPA
- Test Analyst- ₹ 6 LPA
- QA Lead- ₹ 13 LPA
- Test Manager- ₹ 15.0 LPA
- Software Test Architect- 19.5 LPA
Manual Testing Engineer – Job Responsibilities
If you are looking for a manual testing engineer job after completing a software testing course in Chennai, then the first step is to check out the most relevant job postings. Manual testing engineers play an important role in ensuring that the software system meets the requirements of users. They work with testers to collect data and make recommendations for changes in software development.
- The Manual Testing Engineers are responsible for the verification of the functionality of a product and its compliance with the client requirements.
- This type of testing is done manually without the automation or the use of any tools.
- A Manual Testing Engineer will be working on a project in their entirety and must be able to not only think creatively but also be detail-oriented and methodical.
- They will be working on a project for about 12 to 14 hours daily and must be able to handle strict deadlines.
- They must have the ability to use their initiative in testing and have an excellent analytical mind that manages multi-tasking tasks at the same time.
- Testers will also need to be able to come up with a test plan that clearly defines all of their objectives.
- Manual Testing Engineers are very data hungry and they should also have a well-rounded knowledge of the technical work they need to oversee because there are many different aspects of the project they will be working on and they must be able to make sure that all areas of the project are being tested correctly.
There are many manual testing engineers opportunities available in India, but it is important to research each job opening thoroughly before applying.
Test Analyst- Job Responsibilities
As a software testing professional, you will be required to carry out various tests in order to ensure the quality of software. One of the most important responsibilities of a software test analyst is to design, plan and execute tests. In addition, you will be responsible for ensuring that all test cases are relevant to the product and that the tests are executed as planned.
- The job of a Test Analyst is to look over the test plans and the requirements and create a test plan prior to conducting testing.
- They will also need to make sure that all of the tests are being carried out in a timely manner.
- The Test Analyst will be required to record all of the bugs, or any issues that are found as well as create an environment for testing with different sizes for every screen, screen resolutions and much more.
- They must have a good understanding of programming languages such as Java, PHP and many others since they will be writing code within the projects they are working on.
- Additionally, they must be able to write test cases and verify the output.
- A Test Analyst should be able to follow a testing model and have the capacity to debug any issues that are found during testing. This type of testing is done manually but with the use of a lot of tools.
When it comes to software testing, there are many different responsibilities that must be fulfilled. test analyst jobs after software testing training in Chennai may include developing and conducting automated tests, ensuring that the tested code behaves as expected, and participating in product demos.
QA Lead- Job Responsibilities
A QA lead is responsible for ensuring the quality of software products. This job is often required to test software products before they are released to the public.
- The role of a QA Lead is to coordinate all of the activities in Quality Assurance (QA).
- They will need to make sure that every member on their team completes their work within deadlines in order for the project to meet its completion time frame.
- A QA Lead will also be required to help with implementing changes in the product or making sure that code being written has high quality.
- They will also need to make sure that the team has an overall understanding of the project and to maintain relationships with the developers and all other members involved.
- A QA Lead needs to be able to keep their team updated on updates that are being made in the project and must also know how to write test cases which require manual testing.
- They must be able to communicate well with their team, have good analytical skills, and be a good communicator.
- One of the most important responsibilities of a QA Lead is to make sure that each member in his or her team is well versed in creating a test plan for testing different aspects of the product.
- They must also be familiar with how QA projects are laid out, what each member of their team is responsible for and how they will interact with the other members.
The role of a QA lead after a software testing course in Chennai is to ensure that the software being tested is meeting the requirements set by the client. This can be done through conducting tests, analyzing the results, and providing feedback to the developers. In order to keep up with changes in technology, it is important for a QA lead to be up-to-date with new techniques and technologies.
Test Manager- Job Responsibilities
Test Manager is a key position in the software testing organization. A Test Manager is responsible for maintaining the test environment, conducting tests, and managing the results. They should have a good understanding of test management tools and be able to work with other team members to achieve results.
- The Test Manager is responsible for not only facilitating the testing process but also for making sure that their team completes their job on time.
- A Test Manager is required to have excellent communication skills and to be able to work under pressure by setting a testing schedule and being able to meet tight deadlines.
- Additionally, a Test Manager must be able to manage an entire project as well as make sure that every member of his or her team completes their job with excellence.
- A Test Manager must have good presentation and project management skills and should be able to create a test plan for any project.
- The Test Manager will also have to have an excellent understanding of the software being tested.
- A test manager must also understand how software testing is done and be able to work with each member on their team in order to meet their goals prior to the deadline.
- The Test Manager is also responsible for making sure that everyone on his or her team works as a smooth unit while they are completing tasks and not just independently completing tasks.
- A Test manager will constantly need to be updating the project manager on how testing is going and ensuring that it stays on track by keeping all members of their team informed of new changes.
A Test Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of a software testing environment. They manage testing resources, client and server applications, and test reports. Test managers also provide leadership and direction to the team during testing events.
Software Test Architect- Job Responsibilities
There are many different job responsibilities that a software test architect may have after completing a software testing course in Chennai. One of the most important responsibilities of a software test architect is to design, implement, and maintain software test frameworks and tools. They also need to be familiar with the software development process and the use of unit testing tools. Here are some Job Responsibilities listed below
- A Software Test Architect is responsible for managing testing procedures and creating a test plan.
- A Software Test Architect must be able to make sure that there is a well-rounded knowledge of the software being tested and write test cases that have the ability to retest when necessary.
- They are required to have the ability to keep tabs on all of the bugs or issues that are found during testing as well as be able to fix it.
- The Web Application Quality Analyst will also be responsible for understanding the product and working alongside developers on projects in order to use their expertise freely.
- A Software Test Architect is responsible for keeping their team updated on any new applications and will be required to communicate with the software testers so that they are aware of the tests that are being done and how it can improve the product.
- Software Test Architects will also be required to watch the software being tested from time to time in order to make sure that there are no errors or issues running on it.
In today’s workplace, there is a constant demand for the best software testers. As a result, test managers are necessary to manage the testing process and provide support to the tester team. In order to succeed in this role, it is important to have a strong background in software testing and have experience managing other testing tools.After completing a software testing course in Chennai, an individual will be able to manage and operate a software testing environment.
Also Read: Software Tester Salary for Freshers
Success Story of Software Testing Course in Chennai
Software Testing Training in Chennai at FITA Academy was good. My Trainer provided me an in-depth training of the Software Testing concepts and techniques. He provided the best experiential learning of the Testing concepts. Now I have a clear idea of the fundamentals of the Testing concepts. Thanks to him!. Great Work FITA Academy! Keep it up.
Testing Course at FITA Academy was really nice. I feel happy because I learned a lot about testing concepts. Also, My Testing Trainer was really patient enough to clear all my doubts. Very good training sessions with regular assessment sessions. Definitely a Good platform to learn about the Testing concepts.
Overall Experience at Software Testing Training at FITA Academy was nice. First, I would like to appreciate the neatly structured course modules that meet marketing standards. And My Trainer he was really proficient about all the testing tools. He almost gave a useful insight into the various Testing techniques and tools extensively to us. I thank my Trainer for providing an in-depth training of the Testing concepts.
Software Testing Course at FITA Academy was really nice. I would like to thank my friend who suggested the FITA Academy Training Institute. It is because of the FITA Academy's Testing Training institute I have a clear idea of the Testing concepts. Efficient Trainers with Updated course modules everything about the Testing course was just too good. Also, my special thanks to the support team who helped me in scheduling the classes flexibly. Good work FITA Academy!
Hai, Myself Krithika, I have completed Software Testing Course @ FITA Academy. The Software Testing offered @ FITA Academy was worth the time & money. Trainers were more kind enough to explain the doubts and to provide solutions, I am more satisfied with the training offered by them. Thanks to FITA Academy & My faculty! I suggest FITA Academy as the best Software testing training institute!
Our Students Work at
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) about Software Testing Course in Chennai
- Software Testing Course at FITA Academy is designed & conducted by Software Testing experts with 10+ experience in the Software Testing field
- The only institution in Chennai with the right blend of theory & practical sessions
- In-depth Course coverage for 60+ Hours
- More than 50,000+ students trust FITA Academy
- Affordable fees keeping students and IT working professionals in mind
- Course timings designed to suit working professionals and students
- Interview Tips & Corporate Training
- Resume building support
- Real-time projects and case studies
- FITA Academy has placements tie-ups with more than 1500+ small, medium, and large scale companies and these companies have job openings for Selenium Tester, Manual Tester, and other roles related to Software Testing.
- FITA Academy has a Dedicated Placement Officer to support the students with Placement assistance.
- The Placement cell helps the students with various mock interviews and group discussions training sessions for them to face the interview with confidence.
- FITA Academy institution was set up in the year 2012 by a group of IT veterans to provide world-class IT Training. We have been actively present in the training field for close to a decade now.
- We have trained more than 50,000+ students till now and it includes the headcount of numerous working professionals as well.
- We provide maximum individual attention to the students. The Training batch size is optimized for 5 - 6 members per batch. The batch size has been optimized for individual attention and to clear the doubts of the students in complex topics clearly with tutors.
- FITA provides the necessary practical training to students with many Industry case studies and real-time projects.
FITA Academy provides the best Software Testing Training in Chennai with the help of MNC professionals. Spend your valuable time visiting our branches in Chennai. FITA Academy is located in the main areas of Chennai, Velachery, T Nagar, Tambaram, Anna Nagar and OMR. People also search for
Additional Information of Software Testing Course in Chennai
An application is tested through the process of running it, with the purpose of identifying the bugs that can be found in the application as a result of the test. Testing of software has the primary objective of verifying whether the specifications in the requirements document are met by the application and this is the key objective of Software Test. The software testing course in Chennai at FITA Academy aims to prepare you for both Manual Testing and Automation Testing and is intended to master you in both areas. Our team of training experts can also provide you with customized training tailored to meet your learning needs.
Learning Outcomes of taking Software Testing course in Chennai at FITA Academy
The aim here is to give an overview of the Learning outcomes of taking Testing Courses In Chennai offered at FITA Academy. The course is designed to help individuals become more knowledgeable and skilled in the testing field. Here are some of the learning outcomes listed:
- Understand the various aspects of software testing before starting your career in this field.
- Learn what exactly a test case is and how they ensure error free delivery of a product or service.
- Find out why automated testing is important and how you will use it to write test cases.
- Learn how to analyze and identify defects using defect analysis technique.
- Explore some of the common tools used in testing and their purpose.
- Learn to apply principles of Object Oriented programming to solve problems in the testing domain.
- Get to know about different types of testing techniques and how they are applied.
- Discover various methods used to find bugs.
- Learn how to design effective test cases based on requirements.
- Finally, learn how to choose right tool for the job.
- Learn various concepts and approaches that will help you become a better software tester.
- Gain hands-on experience of practicing the concepts learned during the training.
- Learn about the latest developments and trends in the industry.
- Learn how to communicate effectively regarding the new ideas learnt during the course.
- Develop a portfolio of work to show off your past experiences while searching for your first job.
- Recognize the best practices in the industry so as to avoid falling into bad habits.
- Be able to explain the basic concept of testing in simple terms to others.
- Become familiar with the latest version control systems and tools.
- Learn the basics of databases and SQL, including creating database tables and queries.
- Learn how to create user stories and Acceptance Test Plans (ATPs).
- Learn how to prepare for interviews and showcase your personality through resume/CV.
- Create a good resume/CV that explains your background, goals, and abilities.
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses and develop areas of improvement.
This is just an overview of learning outcomes of our Software Testing course in Chennai at FITA Academy. Our enrolled students will learn how to test software and develop software using best practices and tools. They also got a good understanding of the different software testing methods used.
What makes FITA Academy the best choice for software testing training in Chennai?
- FITA Academy offers 100% Practical and real-time training with projects.
- Our highly skilled trainers have trained more than 4000+ Students and Professionals on Software Testing.
- Mock Interview on Software Testing will be conducted for Freshers and Experienced Professionals who want to switch their career into Automation Testing tools like Selenium or UFT.
- Our experienced Testing Professionals from the IT industry will assist students to gain industry exposure that helps aspirants to shine in the software testing industry.
- Once completing our software testing training, we help our students for certification and to get placed in leading IT companies.
- Course Materials on Software testing will be provided.
Manual Testing Training
Manual testing is a type of testing that is performed manually by the tester whose primary objective is to identify the bugs and other unpredictable performance. Manual testing doesn’t involve the usage of any tools. Manual testing consists of various phases which include Unit testing, Integration testing, System Testing, and User Acceptance testing.
Manual Testers typically write Test Cases, Execute the Test Cases, and log the defects they identify in the defect tracking tools like JIRA or Bugzilla. Check our Manual Testing Training in Chennai course syllabus for details.
Who Should Attend Software Testing course In Chennai at FITA Academy
- Freshers who are looking to start their career as a Software Testing Professional in a reputed MNC can learn the Software Testing Course in Chennai at FITA Academy.
- Experienced Professionals who are already working in Manual testing and need to enhance their Career can take up the Software Testing Training in Chennai at FITA Academy. If you are already good at Manual Testing, then you can talk to our Student counselor to understand the right automation course that will give you a faster career growth.
- Professionals working in BPO, KPO or any other Non-IT based jobs who are looking for Testing Courses In Chennai with Placement can take up this course.
- Developers who need to understand and Master Software Testing can also consider taking up the best Software Training Institutes in Chennai at FITA Academy.
FITA Academy is consistently rated as No 1 Software Testing Training Institute in Chennai that offers both Manual testing and automation by highly experienced testing professionals. We provide a high quality of software testing course in Chennai based on current testing industry standards. Whether you are new to Testing or you are already familiar with Testing but need to master automation tools like Selenium or UFT etc, we will make sure that your learning objectives are completely met. The software testing course curriculum at FITA Academy is designed by testing experts with more than 12+ years of industry expertise!
Recommended as best Software Testing Training Institutes in Chennai.
Whether you are looking for Manual Testing Training in Chennai or Software Testing Training in Chennai, Call 93450 45466 to get the detailed information or contact us through our enquiry form present on the right side of the page.
We are situated in the main location in Chennai – Velachery, Tambaram, OMR, Anna Nagar, and T Nagar. Our software testing training center is well equipped with excellent lab facilities and air-conditioned classrooms. To facilitate job seekers and working professionals, we offer weekdays and weekend classes catering to student’s requirements. We offer customized Testing Courses In Chennai that assists students to learn at their own pace. Call us to know the Software Testing course in Chennai Fee details.
Skills required for a software tester
As the business world is expanding tremendously, the usage of communication is essential to get the detail, bring the coordination, and work collectively as teamwork in the field of software testing. The discussions among the testing team happen with the meetings or review sessions. Ramp-up the knowledge to learn about effective communication which makes the working environment a pleasant environment. Join FITA Academy’s Software Testing Training Institute Chennai to meet the industry experts with a proven record in training the students.
Keep the agenda handy and reach the goal after the meeting. Bring the team members to the mode of participation in the discussion. Make them participate. Be open-minded and accept real criticism. By analyzing the problems one can arrive at the solutions. The Software Testing Course in Chennai focuses on the student’s skills and brings out the best inside the students.
Be a self-learner
The tools which come to the market for the testing invariably act as a self-learning tool. So, learn with the help of the options available in the tool. The options are the representatives of the process handled in the testing. So, learn aggressively to manage the drastic number of tools entering the market. Communication skills and the learning skills are essential to withstand in the market. The Software Testing Course In Chennai is the best course to have a bright future.
Analyze the results and maintain quality in the standards of the product. Share the best testing practices and make the project successful.
Enhance client satisfaction
The requirement of the client and prompt delivery are some key points to improve the business. The tester should communicate in an effective way to make the client happy. The concerns with the delivery are smoothly handled if the tester is a good communicator. The relationship between the tester and the final client is essential to promote the business.
Analyze the business
The role of a tester is multifaceted and he has to be a business analyst to share the ideas. Domain knowledge or product knowledge is essential to maintain the quality of the business. The transactions or the applications which they test are for the requirement of the business. So domain knowledge or business knowledge is essential for an efficient tester. Join the Software Testing course in Chennai at FITA Academy to become an expert in the testing domain.
Software Testing Tutorials
In Software Testing Tutorials, the essential and important techniques that are used in IT are compiled. This tutorial provides students with a comprehensive and broad understanding of the topic.
Progression Of Testing In The Market
Software testing plays a vital role in the IT sector. Earlier testing of software was not given much importance as if we give now. Now, technology is much more advanced than our thoughts so it is very important to test the product simultaneously as we are time constrained.
Testers are playing their role efficiently on various platforms like browsers, devices, various versions of the software. Testing is the best example of the blend between manual and automation processes.
The importance of testing is expanding on a daily basis due to its need in every sector. The mobile and electronics industry will be the most affected when the testing process is not validated.
Different Phases Of Software Testing
Software testing is the process of testing the requirements and checking the functionalities to fix the bugs to ensure quality in the deliverables to the high-end clients. Software Testing Training in Chennai helps the jobless students to get a job and understand their endurance in the highly competitive job market. There are predominantly two types of testing and they are functional testing and non-functional testing.
The testing process starts from the requirements gathering stage, and then checks the requirement after the development, check the design in the design phase, check the external factors of the product and finally deploy the application.
There are two terms used in the software testing life cycle and they are verification and validation. Verification is about checking the functionalities and validation is about checking the behavior of the functionalities which deals with the overall process of the product. Join the Software Testing course in Chennai to catapult the answers in the interview and gain the knowledge to perform efficiently in the given job role.
The ultimate goal of doing functional testing is to check the mainline functions, error conditions, basic usability, and accessibility. The process of functional testing is to prepare the input or the test data, prepare the expected result or the input values of the test, execute the functions, and compare the actual result and expected result to find out the bug.
The process of testing widely consists of documentation, identifying the test scenarios, preparing the test data, checking the test case, analyzing the test, different fields in the test case, and deciding the technique to be applied for the testing.
The five types of functional testing techniques are boundary value analysis, equivalence class partitioning, state transition; error guessing, and decision table based testing. Selenium and QTP or UFT are the tools used for functional testing. Software Training Institutes in Chennai operate as a bridge between education and job and for average student training is more required to become a successful professional.
The non-functional testing can be broadly divided into performance testing, security testing, load testing, failover testing, usability testing, compatibility testing, stress testing, maintainability testing, scalability testing, volume testing, disaster recovery testing, compliance testing, efficiency testing, portability testing, baseline testing, reliability testing, endurance testing, recovery testing, a documentation testing, localization testing, and internalization testing.
Load runner and J-meter are the tools that fall under the non-functional testing category. Software Testing Training Institutes in Chennai offers a wide range of courses to impart knowledge about the different departments of commercial organizations.
Skills required for a software tester
There are certain myths in software testing, like only fully developed products can be tested, after testing the product is completely bug-free, and the quality of the product is the only task of the tester. Join the Software Testing Course in Chennai at FITA Academy and land in your dream job with a high salary.
Software testers are the domain experts and they know about the external factors as well as internal factors that affect the software. The job of the tester is to understands the possibilities of occurring bugs and increasing customer satisfaction with the quality of software. A good tester should have the technical skills, analytical skills, attitude, passion and good verbal and written communication to communicate to the end customer. Testing Courses in Chennai train the students in the different types of testing along with the tool knowledge to gain practical knowledge in software testing.
Different Types of Testing
Software testing can be broadly divided into unit testing, acceptance testing, system testing, and integration testing. The quality standard for any software comprises functionality, reliability, usability, efficiency, maintainability, and portability. IEEE 829, IEEE 1061, IEEE 1059, IEEE 1008, IEEE 1012, IEEE 1028, IEEE 1044, IEEE 1044-1, IEEE 830, IEEE 730, IEEE 1061, IEEE 12207, BS 7925-1 and BS 7925-2 are some of the standards which say about the quality in the software documents to be prepared. Join Software Testing Training Institute Chennai to flourish in the future and prove your talent in the respective industry.
Unit testing is the testing conducted by the developers to check the source code of the application. Unit testing is the white box testing and it is the first level of testing in the software testing life cycle. Unit testing is a binary element and in some companies, developers do unit testing but in some company’s testers do the unit testing due to time constraints.
Unit testing can be done through the manual process as well as the automation process. If unit testing is done manually then a step by step document will be prepared to check the process of the testing. After the testing, the testing code will be removed before deployment or else the testing code will be isolated from the starting. There will be dependencies among the source code and test code. Failure of the test shows the places to be flagged. Unit tests are created, reworked for the bugs, check the baseline, and finally execute the test cases. Software Testing Institutes in Chennai provide the training in the multiple tools used for the testing along with the practical knowledge from the industry experts.
The different techniques used in the unit testing are statement coverage, decision coverage, branch coverage, final state machine coverage, and condition coverage. When doing the unit testing mock objects are created for the elements that are missing in the application. There are so many tools in the market for unit testing like Jtest, Junit, NUnit, Jmockit, EMMA, and PHPUnit. Unit testing is essential to check the certainty of the application. In some cases it is easy and in some cases, it is complex depending upon the application.
The unity among the modules of the coding, minor changes in the requirements, interface module between the software and the database, the external factors from the hardware interfaces, and inadequate exception handling are some of the cases which show the integration testing is required.
As like unit test focus is towards the source of code the focus of the integration test is towards the interfaces, flow of data, and information between the modules. The functions are tested in the unit testing whereas the links are tested in the integration testing. For example to check the login and the mailbox the test case is to enter the login credentials and the expected result is to see the mailbox. Software Testing Training in Chennai helps for the transformation of theoretical knowledge into practical knowledge.
Big bang approach
Big bang approach and incremental approach are the two types of approaches in the integration testing. Under the big bang testing method, all the components are integrated and then tested. This approach is suitable for the small level of tests and not suitable for the big processes. The fault localization, the management of interface link, the time management for the execution, and interfaces are not tested on the basis of priority are some of the difficulties in the big bang approach. Best Software Testing training institute in Chennai offers the syllabus with detailed coverage and the pace of teaching is designed as per the learning capacity of the distinctive students.
Under the incremental approach, the test is conducted by connecting the modules through logic. The two different methods of the incremental approach are bottom-up and top-down. The incremental approach uses the dummy programs like the stubs and drivers for the calling module to implement the entire programming logic.
In the bottom-up model, the lower models are tested with the higher models with the help of the drivers. Under this method, the fault localization is easier and the wait time of the module is also reduced. The big modules of the application are tested at the last which leads to problems in this approach. Here in this method, the early prototype is not possible.
Top to a down method
Top to down approach uses the control flow of the system and conducts the testing. Stubs are used in this testing. Fault localization is easier, the early prototype is easier, and the priority list consists of the critical modules of the application in the top to down approach. This method requires many stubs and the modules at a lower level are not tested properly as it is tested at the last. This Testing Courses In Chennai trains the IT and non-IT background students as testing is also suitable for students with less technical knowledge.
Sandwich or hybrid method makes use of both methods like the top-down method and the bottom-up method. The top modules and lower modules both are tested with the two methods. Stubs and drivers are used in this method.
A process of integration testing
The integration testing is done with the entry and exit criteria of the modules. Entry criteria is for the unit tested modules, high priority bugs, all modules with completed code, and the integration test plan. The exit criteria is for completed modules, the test cases are executed then documented, all the prioritized bugs are closed, and finally, the technical document is released with the release notes.
The architecture design of the application, modules of the application, interface design of the application, database details, external hardware and software application must be analyzed before doing the testing. Know about the total number of Software Testing Training in OMR and select the best among these institutes with the syllabus and the demo class from the trainer. The syllabus and the trainer details are the parameters to judge the quality of the training.
System testing takes care of testing external elements of the software and it is called white box testing. The external peripherals and their interaction are tested in the system testing, the input,, and the corresponding output and the users experience when using the software are taken into account when doing the system testing. The different functions of the application are tested without seeing the source code. Usability testing, load testing, regression testing, recovery testing, migration testing, functional testing, and the hardware and software testing are some of the testings which fall under the system testing.
Smoke testing and sanity testing
A typical software project where the source code files are huge and time-consuming tasks then the builds are created to execute the program. Before the functional test or regression test, smoke testing is conducted to check the huge source code. Smoke test is conducted to test the code and the functions. Sanity testing is conducted after the build to check if the minor changes in the code or functionality are working. Before build, it is a smoke test and after the build, it is sanity testing. The Software Testing course in Chennai offers classroom training and online training as well to spread the joy of learning to the other countries also through online courses.
A regression test is conducted to check the new changes or new functionality in the existing application. Regression test is suitable for the test cases with repeated defects, functions which improve the user satisfaction, the core features of the product are tested, to check the changes, to check the complex part in the application, and to do a sample test. Selenium, QTP, and RFT are the tools suitable for the functional as well as regression testing.
Software testing can be broadly divided into manual and automation. The above-said test categories are for manual testing and for automation testing there are so many tools in the market like selenium, QTP, Load runner, and RPA. Let me discuss all these automation tools in detail. Join the Software Testing Training in Chennai to gain knowledge and enhance your confidence to face the practical sessions in the interviews.
Automation testing is used for the load, performance, and functionality testing. All the process is not automated, only certain parts of the application demand for the automation testing. The login forms, registration forms, inquiry forms, and payment forms are some of the functions in the application where the access of the users is large at the same point in time. These functions are tested with automation testing to ensure the speed and the output of the functions. The GUI items, field validations, and database connections are some of the processes which can be automated in the application.
Important Software Testing Interview Questions and Answers
Software testing is the process of checking the quality before the product is being delivered to the client. Depending upon the different phases of testing in the life cycle of the project different tools are used like the developer tools, functional tools, performance testing tools, and load testing tools. Testing is the group of activities performed to maintain the quality of the product before delivery and after the delivery of the software product. Join the Software Testing course in Chennai at FITA Academy to become an all-rounder professional in the testing domain.
- Explain the terms of quality assurance or quality control in the arena of software testing?
Quality assurance is related to the process of conducting testing during development. It tracks the defects before the delivery of the product. Quality control stands for the process of testing after the product is complete. It is used to identify the bugs in the software after it is complete before it is used in the run environment. FITA Academy provides the Software Testing Course in Chennai with an insight to manage the challenging tasks in the testing jobs.
- Inscribe the term “Exploratory testing”?
The testing with less plan and maximum tests are called exploratory testing. Under this model of the test, the documentation of the test conditions is not planned properly. The design and the output are checked without a formal plan. The best example for this sort of test is checking the boundary values where there is no plan but the execution is fast and parallel.
- Explain the term verification in Software testing?
Verification is checking the quality of the product from the market standards like the reviews, inspections, and walk-throughs. This is to check the product from the user intent and market standards.
- What is inferred by the term STLC and SDLC?
SDLC deals with the coding part of the software and STLC deals with the verification validation of the software which is also called a software testing life cycle. Join the Software Testing Training in Chennai to understand the process of testing and gain the knowledge of tools used for the testing.
- Describe the term ‘traceability matrix’ in the arena of software testing?
The document which consists of the details of the relationship between the requirement and the test cases is known as the traceability matrix.
- What do you infer by the term static testing?
Static testing is conducted at the early stages of SDLC to track the defects with the documents for the testing process.
- Describe the term Equivalence partitioning testing?
Equivalence partitioning testing is the technique in which the input data from the application is divided into equal parts to write the test cases. Through this technique, the time taken for the testing is comparatively reduced. Software Testing Course In Chennai is the best course to pursue a passionate job and a blissful future.
- Explain the term dynamic testing?
Dynamic testing is conducted to validate the expected outcome. The code and the results are tested to get the desired output data.
- List the two types of white box testing?
Decision coverage and statement coverage are the two types of white box testing.
- List out the different steps of verification in the white box testing?
Security holes in the coding part, broken paths in the code, output or results from the input, structure of the functions as per the documents, check the functions in the application with all the conditions given, and check the coding for the results are the wide range of areas in which the verification is been done in the white box testing.
Search for the best Testing Courses in Chennai and list out the checklists for the best training center. Here at FITA Academy, we satisfy all the valid points to reach the learning community of students and we are marked as the best software testing training institute in Chennai by the students.
- List out the different types of testing with the black box testing methods?
Unit testing is the testing that is done during the development process. Testing applied without knowing the coding part of the internal structure of an application is called as black-box testing. The three types of black-box testing are equivalence partitioning, effect graphing, and boundary value analysis are the three types of black-box testing. Software Testing Training in Chennai is the best course to know about the tools used in the testing process.
- Explain the term Grey box testing?
The technique with a combination of the black box testing and the white box testing is called grey-box testing. Design documents are used in this type of testing for creating efficient test cases.
- Mention the levels or processes in testing?
There are four levels in testing. unit-testing deals with the modules of testing, integration testing deals with combining the separate units for testing, system testing deals with the total testing of the software, and finally, acceptance testing is about the acceptability of the system. Software Testing Course in Chennai is the basic level course to understand the advanced level courses.
- List the components of the test plan?
The different elements present in the test plan are an identifier of the test case, the scope of the test, characteristic to be tested, test plan, test approach, deliverables, staffing, training of the resources, responsibilities to be carried out, risk and contingencies.
- Mention the difference with the UAT test and system tests?
UAT deals with the product and it is conducted to check the specification demanded by the user. System testing is about checking the defects in the system.
- Explain the terms DDT and the retesting?
Retesting is conducted to fix the bugs by the development team. DDT is the test to ensure the quality and it is tested with multiple data.
- What are the differences between positive and negative testing?
Positive testing is conducted to check the requirements. It is a test to check the process of the system. Negative testing is the test to check the things which the system should not do.
- How to solve the issues when doing the testing process?
Record the process to handle the problems, take the issues to the management, and control the process of the issue management.
- List out the differences between the test scenarios, test script, and test cases?
The test is scenario-based testing with the functionality and it is also called a test condition. Test cases are the plan which says about the actions or steps to be performed during the process. The test script is the coding part of the test where the functions are tested for a short period. Join FITA Academy for the Software Testing Course in Chennai and experience the practical training sessions of the expert trainers.
- What are the certifications in software testing?
It is believed that manual testing is the base for automation testing. Knowledge or experience in manual testing is essential before understanding the different tools available in the automation market. There is another myth in the testing domain that the testing domain does not require any certification; it requires only practical knowledge. Though ISTQB is the certification for the basic knowledge in manual testing, the practical knowledge is sufficient to progress to the high level in the testing field. Verification and validation are the two parts in the testing where the requirements and the quality are thoroughly checked. This Software Testing Training in Chennai at FITA Academy will help for getting relevant certification in software testing.
The different types of certifications in software testing include ISTQB foundation level certification, advanced level certification for ISTQB, ISTQB expert level for the delivery managers, UFT version 12 certification, load runner certification, foundation level agile tester certificate, advance level agile tester, master level agile tester, and scrum developer certificate are the wide range of certificates in the testing domain. FITA Academy is the best center for the Software Testing Course in Chennai.
Candidates with zero to three years of experience in testing are suitable for the beginner level certification. After this certification candidates will have a good advancement in their career. Those who have good experience in the testing domain can go for the advanced level ISTQB certification. After the ISTQB certification one can apply for the agile certification or scrum master certification. Scrum Master is specially designed for the developers with the task for the testing. This course is also suitable for testers with agile knowledge. HP certification and functional tool certification are some of the other certifications in the arena of testing. Join the Testing Courses in Chennai to gain comprehensive knowledge into testing.
Technical skills can be listed as
- The different concepts handled in automation testing-4
- Projects handled with qtp-5,
- Projects with quality control-4,
- Used JIRA tool for 5 projects, and
- Used “Bugzilla” for 5 types of software projects.
Software Testing Industry Updates
Integration of testing with other technologies
“Software testing” is the generic term and there are so many tools and platforms that are built with the basis of software testing. Quality analysts or quality assurance engineers need to keep them updated regarding the changes in the industry. Join the Software Testing course in Chennai at FITA Academy the best-rated institute for the testing courses.
Digital presence and cloud technology inhibit the changes in the product which leads to innovation in the testing domain. Agile methodology, DevOps concept, Big data testing, IOT testing, Robotic process automation, and Machine learning testing are some new branches of the traditional concept of testing for maintenance of the quality as of this year.
Continuous delivery is the term used to check the progress in the automation and integrate the new changes in the automation. The role of the tester is to adhere to the goals of maintaining quality with less time and less cost. The automation framework should cover the various metrics like code analysis, performance analysis, usability analysis, and stability tests, etc. The IP led products like agile and DevOps will bring mundane changes to the automation field. Join the Software Testing Course in Chennai to reach the top cadre in the testing department with comprehensive knowledge in testing.
Emphasizing On-time deliverables are important and there is a need to bring coordination among the testing and development to foster the delivery process. DevOps concept helps the developers and testers to work together for shortening the cycle of delivery in the software testing projects. To speed up the process and shorten the delivery process the integration of various elements of software development is important. Data and the functions are taken from various sources for the testing process where integration is essential. Bug tracking, task management, and requirement matching are all done under one testing system which requires integration. Join the Software Testing Trainingin Chennai to accord the education and practical knowledge in the testing domain before joining the job.
Robotic Process Automation
Roots are introduced to complete the manual tasks with high speed. Robots handle monotonous tasks with long hours and increase productivity to the management. Humans work for 8 hours whereas robots work for 24 hours.
Testing and Machine Learning
The Machine Learning process is used in testing for completing the multiple tasks like analysis of the log, analysis of the defect, enhance the traceability in the project, do the predictive analysis, and optimize the test suite.
Big Data Testing
Big Data testing focuses on performance testing and functional testing. These types of tests are conducted with terabytes of data. This test is conducted to check the quality of the data with parameters like data completeness, duplication, and accuracy.
Different types of testing used in the platform of IoT are usability testing, security testing, data integrity testing, compatibility testing, reliability, and scalability testing. IoT testing is conducted to connect the IoT based devices for using IoT technology.
The Testing Course in Chennai at FITA Academy is valued high as it opens the door to multiple vacancies. To pursue project management efficiently it is mandatory to possess testing knowledge as it is integrated with the usage of many other technologies also.
Skills required for a tester as of this Year
Software testing is the domain that is of paramount importance to improve the quality and maintain the schedule for deliverables. Test management tool, load testing tool, management tool, mobile testing tool, defect tracking tool, cross-browser testing tool, security testing tool, API testing tool, and CSS validator tool are the wide range of branches in which the testing process is automated. Let us see some of the changes in the job roles of the tester as of this year. Join the Software Testing course in Chennai to learn from the basics and move on to the advanced level.
The skills needed to handle the testing team are changing in case of the modern testing projects. As a wide range of technologies is used over the testing process hence the role of a test manager is changing in the realm of testing. Software Testing Course in Chennai conducts the courses in the order of manual and automation. The knowledge of the manual is essential to know about the automation tools.
Technical knowledge and communication skills are the primary requirements for a tester. Understanding the end customer and analyzing business needs is important to make the process of testing effective. The habit of listening and understanding the requirements of the customer will bring successful results. Enrol today with our Software Testing Training Institute in Chennai to move on to the next level in the career.
The role of a test manager is characterized by team management in the case of traditional testing. In terms of modern test management, the test manager should know the skill set needed for the testing. In the case of modern testing, the risks associated with the process, and the right combination of the skills needed to complete the process is monitored by the test manager. The Software Testing Course in Chennai is offered at FITA Academy, one of the best training centers in Chennai.
Team coordination and analysis of the tool needed for test management is the foremost duty of the test manager. ReQtest is the tool for the test management to manage the test priorities and it has more than 11,000 users. Jira is also connected to the ReQtest to manage the test processes. To adopt the changes in the market it is essential to possess the tool knowledge. This Software Testing Training In Chennai provides intensive training to help the students to get placed.
Strategic decision making
Rather than focusing on documentation, plan preparation is important. The knowledge and the understanding of the plan make the strategy fail-safe. It is essential to make the documents as amendable and accessible. Establishing a strong process makes the teamwork independent without any distraction. Join the Testing Courses in Chennai to take your career to the next level.
Proper communication and sharing the responsibility for the defects are a vital part of an efficient test manager. Motivation improves coordination in case of teamwork. The deadlines in the testing make the testers have less interest in communication. It is important to cultivate communication among them. Gauging the balance between work and communication makes the testing process effective. Enrol our Software Testing Training in Chennai to get international job offers.
The job role and the technology used for the job are interrelated. As technology is growing the respective job changes are initiated. Agile is the technology that is gaining popularity in the testing field. The digital transformation and the data insights urge for the incremental changes in the software products. Agile helps bring in the changes. The new technologies are prone to frequent changes where the agile methodology is the right tool for the business. Machine learning has been used along with the testing for the effective output.
When dealing with the unique type of test cases the test suite optimization is used in the testing process. The historical data from the software testing processes are taken as the key parameters in the testing. For the execution of the test cases by default, log analytics is used in the testing process. The RTX which stands for the requirements traceability matrix is used to achieve test coverage. DevOps, Big data testing, IOT testing, Agile, RPA and machine learning are some of the technologies used in the testing arena.
Important ISTQB foundation-level questions and answers
List out the reasons to use a test case.
- To identify the error in the process which relates to the system
- To errors with the components of the software
- If there is a defect in the system which affects the extreme scenarios
- The defects caused by the programs to the system.
The right answer is with A.
Join the Software Testing Course in Chennai at FITA Academy to get a high score in the ISTQB Foundation level examination.
If the output visible to the user is a deviation from a behaviour then it is called as
- 9999, 50,000, 99,999
- 1000, 5000, 999999999,
- 10,000, 50,000, 99,999
- 9999, 10,000, 50,000, 99,999, 10,000
- 10,000 99, 9999
The Right Answer is C
One of the items from the list is not a part of configuration management? Pick out the odd one?
- Auditing conformance to ISO9001
- Status accounting of configuration items
- Record of changes to documentation over time
- Identification of test versions
- Controlled library access
The right answer is A.
Enrol in our latest Testing Courses in Chennai at FITA Academy to learn the Software Testing questions and practical knowledge from the experienced trainers.
8 Reasons Why Software Testing is Important
Software testing is important because it helps to ensure the quality of software products. By identifying and fixing defects early in the software development life cycle, Software Testing Training in Chennai can help reduce the number of defects that make it into the final product. Software testing also helps to ensure that software meets or exceeds customer expectations. Here are 8 reasons why software testing is important:
- Testing can prevent bugs.
- Testing helps make software more cost-effective.
- Only when testers find problems, developers know what to fix and can release a better product.
- Without testing there is no quality control, and without quality you end up with customer dissatisfaction – which means less sales.
- Software users dislike poor quality products; if they become aware that the product has significant bugs they will quickly lose confidence in it and in your company, which could mean loss of customers and income – considering how competitive the software industry is today you cannot afford this to happen!
- When it comes to website development many companies use QA (quality assurance) testing tools such as VWO (Visual Website Optimizer), which help find and fix issues on web pages before they go live
- Testing can also help improve a company’s reputation as it shows that they take their products seriously and are willing to invest in making sure that they are of the highest quality
- In some cases, testing can even lead to the discovery of security vulnerabilities which, if left unpatched, could put your customers’ data at risk.
Effective ways to prepare for the software testing course
There are various effective ways to prepare for a Software Testing Course in Chennai. Some of the most important ones include:
- Familiarising oneself with the basics of software testing concepts and terminologies. This can be done by reading up on books, articles, or whitepapers on the subject. It is also helpful to attend webinars or seminars conducted by experts in the field.
- Practising manual testing. This can be done by creating test cases and scenarios for different types of software applications. One can also try out different test tools and techniques to get a better understanding of how they work.
- Understanding the business context in which software applications are used. will give testers a better idea of what to test and how to go about it. It is also important to be aware of the company’s overall business strategy so that testing can be aligned with it.
- Building strong problem-solving skills. This will help testers when they come across issues or defects during the testing process. Being able to think logically and creatively is essential in order to find solutions quickly.
- Acquiring coding skills. This is not a mandatory skill but it can be helpful for testers who want to write their own automated tests or create bug reports that include screenshots and videos. There are various courses available online which can help testers learn coding basics.
- Staying up-to-date with new technologies and trends in the software industry. This will help testers be aware of changes that may impact the testing process and come up with better test strategies. reading technology magazines or blogs, or subscribing to relevant newsletters can help in this regard.
Following these tips will help testers prepare effectively for a software testing course in Chennai and learn the essential concepts and techniques required for the job.
Have you been contemplating on getting software testing certification? Well, fret not since software testing is an integral part of software development life cycle. If you are a software developer or software engineer and have that urge to get your hands dirty with coding, this is the right career path that can give you both – software development and software testing skills.
The need for software testers has dramatically increased in recent years which fueled a great demand for people who can perform software testing effectively. Moreover, there are plenty of job opportunities available in different domain areas like banking & finance, insurance companies, manufacturing firms etc., where they need to test systems before deployment or sometimes modify/upgrade them as well. There were only few software testing professional 10 years back but now their number has increased manifolds.
So, what are the benefits of getting software testing certification? Here are some key points that you should consider:
- Certification demonstrates your commitment to software testing as a profession and also shows your potential employer that you have the relevant skills and knowledge required to do the job.
- Certification can help you get a job faster as it proves that you have met the minimum requirements needed for the role.
- Certification can also help you earn a higher salary as it validates your skills and experience in software testing from various testing courses in Chennai.
- Certification is a great way to keep up with the latest trends and developments in the software testing industry.
Software testing is an important step in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of any Software. Software Testing includes testing of both Software Project work as well as Software Products. Though Software Testing is considered to be a part of Software Quality Assurance, the two are not the same thing. Software Testing is a process of ascertaining whether the Software under test meets the required Software requirements or not. Software Quality Assurance, on the other hand, is a process of ensuring that the Software Development Process is followed and that the quality of the Software is maintained right from the beginning.
While most organizations have their own in-house methodologies and Software Testing Tools and techniques, there is a vast number of Software Testing tools and Software testing techniques you can also learn from our Testing Courses In Chennai that can be used worldwide by Software QA/Testing professionals.
Tools – Software Testing can include the use of various Software testing tools to understand the Software better and to test it easily. The major types of such Software Testing tools include:
- Test management software to manage large software projects involving many testers, multiple builds, and complex test cycles. Test management Software provides capabilities for creating and managing test cases as well as detailed reports on results achieved;
- Suites (or Frameworks) for automated tests suite development and maintenance;
- Bug tracking systems to track identified deficiencies in the Software under test;
- Software Test execution tools for automated Software testing;
- Software testing tools for static code analysis to identify potential security vulnerabilities and architectural problems in Software.
Techniques – Software Testing techniques include both general software testing techniques as well as those specific to the kind of Software under test which you will learn from a Software Testing Training in Chennai. For example, applications Software projects would need different Software testing techniques compared to a typical Web site Software project. Some of the major software testing techniques used by QA/Software testers include – unit testing, component testing, integration testing, regression testing etc. all of which are explained below:
Unit Testing is a type of white box Software Testing technique where individual components or modules of a program are tested to determine whether they are fit for use. This is usually accomplished by providing test inputs and examining the outputs produced to determine whether proper behavior can be inferred.
Component testing is Software Testing technique that tests individual software components of a Software project separately and also in combination with each other. It mainly focuses on validating how well a component, or group of components, integrates with the rest of the Software under test.
Integration Testing is a Software Testing technique, where Software modules are combined and tested as a whole for correct interaction without focusing on detailed functionality. This type of Software testing determines whether interfaces between integrated components work correctly; it provides an overall view of the Software system’s correctness without going into much detail about particular subsystems or modules within them.
Regression Testing serves as a reassurance that Software modifications (changes) have not introduced any new errors. This Software Testing technique is used to ensure that Software changes do not adversely affect the Software’s pre-existing features and functions.
While there are other Software testing techniques such as system testing, acceptance testing, performance testing etc., these are some of the most commonly used Software Testing techniques by QA/Software testers.
So these are some of the common tools and Software Testing techniques that are used by testers to test Software projects and Software products. While most organizations have their own in-house methodologies, it is always a good idea to be aware of and learn about various other Software Testing tools and techniques that can help in the Software Testing process.
Why Software Testing continues to be of interest
There are many reasons why Software Testing is an important practice and why Software Testing Training in Chennai continues to be of interest. One of the most important reasons is that Software products such as Software, Web Applications, Mobile Applications and so forth which we use today have become a big part of our life-style. We cannot imagine living without these things anymore. For example, how would it be possible for us to complete our daily tasks if there were no Apps offering help? This is not science fiction anymore but reality.
The way people expect Software Products to perform has changed drastically in the past few years because software testing has evolved at a faster pace than ever before towards automation testing. This means that test cases are getting executed by automated tools instead of manual testers. Software testers are expected to have enough knowledge about Software Testing automation testing tools, which has become the need of the hour. Here are some other reasons why Software testing is gaining much momentum right now.
1) Big Data Challenge
The recent trend in software testing is that companies want Software Testers who can test their products using Big Data Analytics, especially for mobile apps. Software testers should be aware of how data mining techniques, data collection and interpretation can help them understand product quality better. This will also help Software companies identify critical issues found by automated tests before launching their software into market. They don’t want users to find these bugs after release and cause a lot of inconvenience to people. So it would be helpful if we keep ourselves updated with all new trends in Software testing.
2) Software Testing is no more a bottleneck
The Software Industry has evolved to such an extent that Software Testers are not supposed to struggle with traditional issues like lack of test environments, limited test data and the list goes on. Cloud computing is playing an important role in this context by making it possible for Software companies to get new test instances created within minutes without any manual intervention which you can learn from Testing courses in Chennai. This way Software testers won’t have to wait for days together just because some automated processes were not completed on time. All these things can be executed quickly nowadays thanks to many Software testing automation tools that automate most software testing work today.
3) App Stores everywhere!
A great number of people use mobile applications every day while commuting or waiting for their turn in a queue. Software testers need to keep track of such changes and understand what users expect from Software products when they download these Apps from stores like Google Play, Windows Store or Apple App Store. Software testing is becoming much more important today because people depend on Software Products for managing their lives better. This makes it essential for Software companies to provide Software test report data to app stores so that Software testers can start preparing for testing software applications before they are released in-store everywhere.
How do you stay up-to-date with developments in the world of software testing?
There are many different ways to stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the world of software testing. One way is to attend software testing training courses offered by FITA Academy. These Testing Courses In Chennai can help you learn about the latest tools and techniques used in software testing, and can also help you improve your testing skills.
Another way to stay up-to-date with software testing is to read software testing blogs and articles. There are many excellent software testing blogs and articles available online, and reading these blogs and articles can help you learn about new tools and techniques, as well as gain insights into the latest trends in the software testing industry.
You can also stay up-to-date with software testing by subscribing to software testing newsletters. Software testing newsletters typically contain articles and news about the latest software testing tools, techniques and trends.
Another way to stay up-to-date with software testing is to attend software testing conferences. Software testing conferences offer a great opportunity to learn about the latest software testing tools, techniques and trends from experts in the field. Additionally, you can also meet other software testers and exchange ideas with them.
You can also stay up-to-date with developments in the world of software testing by joining online communities and forums dedicated to software testing. These online communities and forums are a great place to ask questions, share ideas, and learn from others who are passionate about software testing.
Finally, you can also stay up-to-date with software testing by following the latest trends on social media sites like Twitter. Software testing professionals, enthusiasts and experts are active on Twitter, and their tweets will keep you up-to-date with the latest news, tools, techniques and trends in software testing.