In the field of automation testing, Selenium
is the most outstanding tool. On the other hand, Java is the most heavily used programming language. These two technologies mutually make an excellent combination of automation Testing. In this article, we have explained that Why you should use Java for Selenium.
Introduction to Selenium
Selenium is the most popular open-source tool that is used widely for automating the tests which are carried out on web browsers. In other words, you can test web applications only with Selenium. You can neither test any desktop (software) application nor any mobile application using Selenium.
Mobile application and Software testing tools have been introduced in the market such as RFT, IBM’S QTP, Appium and many more. Selenium dominates the world of automation Testing.
The rest of the advantages in the next section of this Java for selenium article.
Few Advantages of using Selenium:
Selenium Training in Chennai
- Tests can be taken in OS such as Mac, Window or Linux.
- Tests are carried out using a wide range of browsers such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera and Safari
- Tests can be integrated with various tools such as JUnit & TestNG for test case management and report generation.
provides you with detailed professional knowledge about the advantages of using selenium tools efficiently.
Why use Java for Selenium?
is the commonly used programming language for Selenium across the world. There are various reasons why Java is used for Selenium.
- Java is the popularly used language in the IT industry, the Huge community promoting it along with the massive repository of references.
- About 77% of Selenium Tester is using java which makes knowledge sharing very quick and easy.
- In Java, there is an abundance of readily available frameworks, plugins, APIs and libraries that encourage Java for test automation.
- Java makes use of JVM, it is a platform-independent language. It can be used in the Operating environment where JVM is installed.
- Java is statically typed, and the Java IDEs give a set of feedback on errors that you might face while coding.
I hope this reason makes you understand the popularity behind the use of Java for Selenium.
What to learn in Java for Selenium?
To use Java for Selenium, you should have a brief knowledge of the Java basics.
- Data Types
- Access Modifiers
- Control Statements
- Iterative Statements
- for each
- Selection Statements
- Regular Expression
- Objects and Classes
- OOPs Concepts
- Exception Handling
These are the reasons why Java is used for selenium. If you wish to learn, Get the best Java Training in Chennai
For more detail, you can refer to our other Java articles Tips to learn Java quickly